Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
- 791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 2T4, Canada
Four Seasons Tenure
- Since 2011
- First Four Seasons Assignment: Current
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Cabana Bar and Grille, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada; Redwater Grille, Calgary, Alberta, Canada; Murrieta’s Bar & Grill, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
- Dubrulle Culinary Arts program at the Art Institute of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Whether cooking for six or six hundred in his role as Executive Chef at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver and YEW seafood + bar, Ned Bell's cooking philosophy is globally inspired and locally created.
He is inspired and passionate about crafting dishes that lean heavily on plant based, nutrient dense ingredients with an emphasis on sustainable seafood. Ned founded Chefs for Oceans in early 2014 and rode his bike 8,700 kilometres (5,400 miles) across Canada, hosting two dozen events that featured some of the best chefs in the country striving to raise awareness for healthy lakes, oceans and rivers and sustainable seafood.
Ned's diverse British Columbia upbringing instilled a passion for fresh and locally sourced cuisine. This drive led him to work in some of the country's top kitchens in Vancouver, Niagara, Toronto, Calgary, Kelowna and Vancouver, amassing many great accolades along the way, from seven seasons on Food Network Canada's Cook Like a Chef to Calgary's Where magazine's "Best Overall and Rising Star" award, ownership at Kelowna's Cabana Grille, and Western Living magazine's 2008 "Top 40 Foodies Under 40."
In December 2014, Ned was honoured as the Canada's "Chef of the Year" recipient for Foodservice and Hospitality magazine's 2014 Pinnacle Awards.