Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Mae Rim-Samoeng Old Road, 50180 Mae Rim, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Total Number of Rooms: 99
- Pavilions: 64
- Pool Villas: 12
- Private Residence Rentals: 23
- Lanna Kingdom style blends regional cultures of Burma, India and China
- Resort layout reminiscent of a Thai village, with pavilions surrounding a working rice farm
- Chiang Mai Architects Collaborative (resort facilities, pavilions)
- Bunnag Architects (residence rooms, spa)
- Bensley Design Group Studios (cooking school)
Interior Designer: ABACUS Design Co. Ltd.
History: Opened 1995, rebranded as Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai in 2003
- Located in the lush Mae Rim Valley overlooking Doi Suthep Mountain range
- 30-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport at the North of Chiang Mai city
- Set in 13 hectares (32 acres) of extensively landscaped gardens and rice terraces which feature two small lakes, lily ponds, waterfalls and a working rice farm, complete with its own family of water buffalo
Interior Designer: Bunnag Architects (Bangkok)
Number of Treatment Rooms: 7
Director of Spa: Saowapa Thumapun
- Inspired by a northern Thai temple in the ancient Lanna Kingdom style
- Design elements of mythical serpents create a protected area according to local tradition
- Dramatic palette of maroon, gold leaf, black and white, featuring commissioned artwork and sculptures
- Combination of indoor/outdoor treatment areas for natural atmosphere
- Herbal Compress Massage: An intensive and wholesome Thai-style massage using samunprai or hot poultices of lemongrass, prai, turmeric and makrut lime peel to invigorate the muscles. The spice extract in the oil helps detoxify the body and uplift the spirit.
- Harmonic Hand Massage: Inspired by an ancient healing practice applying manual pressure to specific points on the hands, arms and head to restore healthy energy flow and relieve muscle tension.
- Nourishing Facial: Regenerate sensitive or ageing skin using Northern Thailand’s pink hibiscus, sacred lotus extract, green tea shoots, neroli and bamboo extracts combined with healing time-honored techniques.
Special Treatment for children:
- Angel Bliss Massage: This soothing massage is perfect for energetic kids as it improves the quality of sleep. A gentle pressure oil massage helps soothe the nervous system and strengthen the immune system.
- Gentle Facial: Designed specially to suit delicate teenage skin, this is a very gentle facial incorporating an exhilarating face massage to hydrate and purify the skin. Feed the skin with green clay body paint followed by a nourishing soak.
- Some suites with individual soaking tubs on semi-enclosed salas (terraces)
- Five suites with private herbal aromatherapy steam rooms
- Two suites with double rain showers
Restaurant: Rim Tai Kitchen
- Cuisine: Take a northern Thai cooking class or enjoy an elevated, street-food-themed dinner inside the Lanna-style teak house, surrounded by banyan trees
- Outdoor Seating: 58
- Designer: Bill Bensley
Restaurant: NORTH by Four Seasons
- Cuisine: Grill and wood-fired
- Open-Air Seating: 52
- Designer: Bill Bensley
Restaurant: KHAO by Four Seasons
- Sous Chef: Naruchit Taingtrong
- Cuisine: Pan-Thai
- Signature Dishes:
- Hoi Shell Klang Na: Spicy Roasted Scallop with Mango and Crispy Rice Salad
- Yum Khao Tod Naem Sod: Spicy Rice and Sausage Salad
- Khao Soi Gai: Chiang Mai Curry Noodles with Chicken
- Goong Pao Nam Pla Whan: Grilled Prawn with Sweet Fish Sauce
- Gaeng Sumruam Nua Wagyu: Mixed Curry with Roasted Australian Wagyu Beef
- Signature Desserts:
- Khao Niew Piak Lumyai: Black Sticky Rice with Chiang Mai Longan, Young Coconut Meat, Coconut Sorbet
- Cake Ma Prow: Coconut Cake
- Indoor Seating: 56 in an air-conditioned room
- Outdoor Seating: 52
- Outdoor Seating Under Roof: 12
Lounge: Khao Bar
- Cuisine: Thai snacks
- Indoor Seating: 8
- Outdoor Seating: 12
Lounge: Ratree Bar and Lounge
- Cuisine: International snacks
- Signature Cocktails:
- The Big Cherry: Cherries, Michter’s US 1 Bourbon, Lemon glass, Lemon, Sparkling Wine
- Bee’s Knees: Iron Ball Gin, Lemon, Longan Honey,
- Wild Kitchen: Lemonglass- and Ginger-infused Gin, Berry Liqueur, Honey, Lemon, Apple
- Open-Air Seating: 24
Yoga: Yoga Barn is available from sunrise to sunset for private instruction, meditation or individual yoga sessions
Pools: 2 infinity-edge pools and hot and cold whirlpools by the rice paddies
Health Club: A fully-equipped fitness and exercise studio is available for the health enthusiast, or relax in the sauna or herbal aromatherapy steam rooms; Pilates is also available
Tennis: 2 courts with a professional trainer
- Sunrise Yoga - Rise early and harness the energies of dawn to help improve your flexibility, strength and balance. This energizing series of asanas (postures) is suitable for everyone except pregnant guests.
- Hatha Yoga - A tailor-made and insightful private session, designed to pair needs with experience. Helps to develop a greater awareness of body and connect with the mind.
- Wheel Yoga - Incorporating challenging balance postures, and aimed at strengthening the muscles, Wheel Yoga is also great for stretching and releasing muscle tension around back, neck and shoulders.
- Nature Trail - Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai is located in a lush landscaped tropical garden of 40 acres (16 hectares). The Nature Trail will take guests around the garden filled with amazing local flowers and trees with specific highlights on the Resort’s history, the guardian shrines, the rice farms as well as the water buffalo family.
- Buffalo Bathing - Stop by the Buffalo Barn and meet Mr.Thay, Mr.Tone, Mr.Thiew, and Mr.Thung, the local charismatic buffalos. Enjoy the thrill of scrubbing down a friendly buffalo as they munch away. Don’t forget cameras as they both love having their picture taken.
- Body Toning - Resort staff will introduce guests to training equipment and lead a series of muscle toning exercises for the whole body. With high reps and light weights, muscles will be put to through a test of endurance.
- Muay Thai - Lanna Muay Thai trains some of the best fighters in Thailand and their trainer is available to give guests a challenging workout they won’t forget.
- TRX Workout - Harness the power of gravity by being suspended in the air to develop strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability by joining the local Total-Body Resistance Training program. Follow this thorough workout by using the same techniques and workouts that the NAVY SEALS developed.
- Rice Planting - The rice grown at the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai is of the “Sanpatong” variety and takes days to grow from seed to harvest. It is planted in a staggered harvest so guests can see each stage of growth. The rice is also planted a little farther apart than in a commercial field, to enable appreciation of the stunning sunsets reflected in the rice field.
- Triple Treat Workout - A fully integrated and high-octane fitness class for abs, glutes and thighs that balances strength with inner tenacity. This workout combines the use of a fit ball with free weights. Can be done outside.
Name of Course: Summit Green Valley Country Club
- Date Open: 1990
- Designer: Dennis Griffiths & Associates
- Par: 72
- Yardage: 7,202
- Number of Holes: 18
La-On Kids Club: Activities include Rice Planting, Muay Thai For Kids, Tie And Dye, Umbrella, Painting, T-shirt Painting, Vegetable Painting, Bag Painting, Batik Painting, Doll Making, Cray Pot Creation, Buffalo Bathing, Fish Feeding
Total Size: 455 sq m / 4,889 sq ft
Largest Ballroom: 393 sq m / 4,230 sq ft
Meet and Feed Capacity: 130
Banquet Capacity: 230
Outdoor Banquet Capacity: 150
Private Dining Room Capacity: 150
Unique Meeting and Event Facilities:
- Main meeting room is residence-style with fountains, outside deck and full kitchen
- Cooking school for private parties
- Provides scholarships for students at Mae Rim Wittayakom School
- Annual renovation and repair of local temples
- Provides local hill tribes with medical supplies and school equipment
- Annual charity concert in support of local orphanage
- Fully equipped cooking school
- A team of 40 full-time gardeners and working water buffalos maintains rice paddies, organic kitchen farm and landscaped gardens