Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Mae Rim-Samoeng Old Road, 50180 Mae Rim, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Total Number of Rooms: 98
- Pavilions: 64
- Pool Villas: 12
- Private Residence Rentals: 22
- Lanna Kingdom style blends regional cultures of Burma, India and China
- Resort layout reminiscent of a Thai village, with pavilions surrounding a working rice farm
- Chiang Mai Architects Collaborative (resort facilities, pavilions)
- Bunnag Architects (residence rooms, spa)
- Bensley Design Group Studios (cooking school)
Interior Designer(s): ABACUS Design Co. Ltd.
History: Opened 1995, rebranded as Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai in 2003
- Located in the lush Mae Rim Valley overlooking Doi Suthep Mountain range
- 30-minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport at the North of Chiang Mai city
- Set in 13 hectares (32 acres) of extensively landscaped gardens and rice terraces which feature two small lakes, lily ponds, waterfalls and a working rice farm, complete with its own family of water buffalo
Size: 900 sq m / 9,000 sq ft
Interior Designer: Bunnag Architects (Bangkok)
Number of Treatment Rooms: 7
Wellness Manager: Deeraj Singh Patwal
- Inspired by a northern Thai temple in the ancient Lanna Kingdom style
- Design elements of mythical serpents create a protected area according to local tradition
- Dramatic palette of maroon, gold leaf, black and white, featuring commissioned artwork and sculptures
- Combination of indoor/outdoor treatment areas for natural atmosphere
- Royal Samunprai: Silk poultices filled with hot medicinal herbs open the pores and soothe the muscles in a modernised take on a traditional Thai treatment
- Royal Lanna: A blend of seven sacred flowers soothes and beautifies the skin in this regiment, inspired by ancient beauty secrets of princesses
Special Treatment for children:
- Silk Touch & Gentle Rose Scrub: Feel the love with this gently smoothing scrub with silk gloves and rose powder
- Thai Massage Class: A private class – performed fully clothed – that includes gentle pressure along the body’s vital energy lines to release tension, improve mobility and restore a healthy state of mind
- Coconut Bliss Body Massage: This relaxing treatment for children helps improve the quality of sleep, soothes the nervous system and helps strengthen the immune system through a gentle pressure oil massage applied to the scalp, legs and feet; the treatment ends with Reiki to rebalance the mind
- Earthy Poultice Class & Massage: Learn how to make a traditional Thai poultice with ingredients such as ginger, lemongrass and makrut lime leaves – then enjoy a grounding massage for a sense of security and stability
- Body Painting & Milky Radiance Bath: Channel one's inner artist with green clay body painting and a nourishing soak in a milky blend of oils and sugar.
- Some suites with individual soaking tubs on semi-enclosed salas (terraces)
- Five suites with private herbal aromatherapy steam rooms
- Two suites with double rain showers
- Chakra steam rooms
- Beauty salon
Executive Chef: Liam Nealon
Locally Sourced Ingredients:
- Lemongrass, galangal, cilantro, Thai chilli, sweet basil, torch ginger, water lily
- Makrut limes, fresh coconut milk, Royal Project tomatoes, bai nart, bell peppers, black peppers, artichokes, fennel, white asparagus, heirloom tomatoes, yellow squash, red radishes, fava beans, cardoon, purple cauliflower, zucchini flowers, curly lettuce, lollo rosso, red and green oak-leaf lettuce, escarole, watercress, sorrel, vine leaves, chicory, arugula, Ceylon spinach, horenso
- Tarragon, rosemary, sage, thyme, lemon thyme, lemon balm, spearmint, bay leaves, oregano, marjoram, fenugreek, chervil, plai
- Oranges, pomelo, watermelons, pomegranates, kumquats, star fruit, guava, mangoes, longan, papayas, bananas, lychee, pineapples, gooseberries, cashew nuts, banana blossoms, frangipani
Restaurant: Rim Tai Kitchen
- Cuisine: Linger over a leisurely Sunday brunch, take a northern Thai cooking class, or enjoy an elevated, street-food–themed dinner inside the Lanna-style teak house, surrounded by banyan trees
- Outdoor Seating: 58
- Designer: Bill Bensley
- Executive Sous Chef: Marco Avesani
- Cuisine: Grill and wood-fired
- Seating: 70
- Private Dining Room: 16
Restaurant: KHAO by Four Seasons
- Executive Sous Chef: Anchalee Luadkham
- Cuisine: Northern Thai with detours into Burmese and Yunanese
- Signature Dishes: Ped ob ong, catfish salad, goong mae narm yang, tom yum kha moo, chin hum, gai ok
- Indoor Seating: 56
- Outdoor Seating: 52
- Outdoor Seating Under Roof: 12
Restaurant: Rice Barn
- Cuisine: Thai or international
- Indoor Seating: 2
Lounge: Ratree Bar and Lounge
- Cuisine: International snacks
- Outdoor seating: 24
Director of Experience: Ashok Nair
Yoga: Yoga Barn is available from sunrise to sunset for private instruction, meditation or individual yoga sessions
Pools: 2 infinity-edge pools and hot and cold whirlpools by the rice paddies
Health Club: A fully-equipped fitness and exercise studio is available for the health enthusiast, or relax in the sauna or herbal aromatherapy steam rooms; Pilates is also available
Tennis: 2 courts with a professional trainer
- Morning Monk Offering - Show your respect and devotion to Buddha by following the same procedures as the local Thai people. By making a merit to the monks you offer food and in return you receive a blessing.
- Sunrise Yoga - Rise with the dawn and join our yogi for a series of asanas (postures) to improve flexibility, strength, alignment and balance. These daily group sessions are ideal for all age groups, wanting to learn about yoga or continue with their regular practice. (Not suitable for pregnant guests)
- Wheel Yoga - A yoga wheel known as the Dharma Yoga Wheels, were created by Sri Dharma Mittra and his son, Yoga Varuna, to help with a number of different asanas and yoga-inspired exercises. Yoga wheels are great to stretch and release the muscles of the back, neck and shoulders, as well as the deep hip flexors and also be used for challenging balance postures.
- Nature Trails - Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai is located in a lush landscaped tropical garden of 40 acres. The Nature Trail will take you around our garden filled with amazing local flowers and trees with specific highlights on the Resort’s 20-year history, the guardian shrines, the rice farms as well as the water buffalo family.
- Buffalo Bathing - Stop by the Rice Barn and meet Mr. Tay and Tone, our local charismatic buffalos. Enjoy the thrill of scrubbing down a friendly buffalo as they munch away. Don’t forget your camera as they both love having their picture taken.
- Body Toning - Our staff will introduce you to our training equipment and lead you through a series of muscle toning exercises for the whole body. With high reps and light weights your muscles will be put to through a test of endurance.
- Muay Thai Lesson - Lanna Muay Thai trains some of the best fighters in Thailand and their trainer is available to give you a challenging workout you won’t forget.
- Cardio Tennis - An one-hour, high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of tennis with cardio exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout for player at all levels.
- TRX Workout - Harness the power of gravity by being suspended in the air to develop your strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability by joining our local Total-Body Resistance Training program. Follow this thorough workout by using the same techniques and workouts that the NAVY SEALS developed.
- Energy Circuit - Training outdoors in a technology-free zone provides a change of scenery from a sweaty gym. It’s time to embrace the sun and get outside while you strength train. These workouts are especially fun after a good run when you can skip the warm up but they also work well alone. It’s time to get outside and be inspired!.
- Rice Planting - The rice grown at the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai is of the “Sanpatong” variety and takes days to grow from seed to harvest. It is planted in a staggered harvest so guests can see each stage of growth. The rice is also planted a little farther apart than in a commercial field, to enable appreciation of the stunning sunsets reflected in the rice field.
- Mat Pilates - This blend of strength and flexibility training improves posture, and creates long, lean muscles without bulking up. Our resident Pilates teacher is trained in the original Pilates method, led by Romana Kryzanowska; ensuring that the experience we provide is pure and authentic.
- Chiang Mai Chit Chat - Learn more about this extraordinary and fascinating 722-year-old capital of the ancient "Lanna Kingdom" from our local guru, and at the same time learn elementary Thai Language to help you connect with the locals at the basic level. Known as "Rose of the North", Chiang Mai is world-famous for the amazing natural wonders of Northern Thailand, centuries-old history and culture, intricate handicrafts, and fascinating festivals. You can also gain the inside knowledge on how to negotiate through this amazing city, grasp the art of bargaining and shopping, explore various interesting attractions, sample unique delectable local cuisine, manage any do's and don'ts, as well as gather other useful tips.
- Triple Treat Workout - Come and join this group fitness class that target your abdominals, buttocks, and thighs The Health Club Staff will lead you through 45 minute workout using a fit ball and free weight.
- Tour De Mae Rim - Cycle through lush paddy fields and mountain ranges around the Resort and enjoy the early morning hum of Mae Rim valley
Name of Course: Summit Green Valley Country Club
- Date Open: 1990
- Designer: Dennis Griffiths & Associaites
- Par: 72
- Yardage: 7,202
- Number of Holes: 18
- City Shuttle Service between the Resort to MAYA Lifestyle Shopping Centre at Nimmanhaemin
Number of Pools: 3
Kids for All Seasons: Activities include rice planting, Muay Thai for kids, garden tour and garland making, animal puppet making, paper mosaic, Lanna dress up, batik painting, diary book making, animals and insect discovery, sculpture making, umbrella painting, cray pot creation, make a cicada toy, kite making, t-shirt painting
Total Size: 455 sq m / 4,889 sq ft
Largest Ballroom: 393 sq m / 4,230 sq ft
Meet and Feed Capacity: 130
Banquet Capacity: 230
Outdoor Banquet Capacity: 150
Private Dining Room Capacity: 150
Unique Meeting and Event Facilities:
- Main meeting room is residence-style with fountains, outside deck and full kitchen
- Cooking school for private parties
- Provides scholarships for students at Mae Rim Wittayakom School
- Annual renovation and repair of local temples
- Provides local hill tribes with medical supplies and school equipment
- Annual charity concert in support of local orphanage
- Fully equipped cooking school
- A team of 40 full-time gardeners and working water buffalos maintains rice paddies, organic kitchen farm and landscaped gardens