Buon Appetito! Italian Festival Returns to Four Seasons Resort Orlando
Ravello, the modern-Italian restaurant at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, is bringing back its popular Italian Festival featuring a five-course truffle dinner and special prix-fixe menu highlighting Italian cuisine. The special dinner offerings take place January 28 through February 2, 2020.
Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi, who hails from Torino, Italy, oversees the Resort’s six restaurants and banquet operations, though Ravello is where his true passion lies. Everything in Ravello is house-made with authentic ingredients imported straight from Italy, such as the flour used in the pastas and pizza dough. Chef Schenardi will host the Italian Festival along with guest chefs from the Region of Piedmont in Italy and the Italian Food Style Education (IFSE) Culinary Institute, which the Resort first partnered with in October 2016.
Special guests include Chef Riccardo Marello, a culinary director and teacher at IFSE and a member of the Italian Chef Federation, as well as Chef Piero Rainone, who attended culinary school with Chef Schenardi in Torino more than 30 years ago and is also a member of IFSE and the Italian Chef Federation. Ugo Mura will represent IFSE as an Italian wine expert.
“I am very excited to bring back the Italian Festival,” says Schenardi. “It is an honour to cook with such talented chefs who have the same passion for sharing the traditional flavours of Italy.”
The highlight of the event, the five-course truffle dinner, will take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm at Ravello, and each course will feature the Piedmont Truffle from Italy and a wine pairing.
- Salt roasted veal, Roccaverano Robiola cheese spuma, almond biscotto, truffle
- Coppo, Gavi di Gavi, 2018
- Slow cooked egg, light cauliflower-anchovy cream, winter vegetables, truffle
- Coppo, ‘L’Avocata’, Barbera d’Alba, 2017
- Pumpkin risotto, Castelmagno cheese, foie gras, natural jus, truffle
- Coppo, Barolo Select, 2015
- Lamb loin, hazelnuts, glazed shallots, crunchy polenta gnocchi, carrot puree, truffle
- Reversanti, Barolo, 2014
- Milk air, egg yolk vanilla crumble, hazelnut spuma, creamy chestnut, shaved chocolate salame
- Coppo, Moscato d’Asti, 2018
The dinner is available for USD 195 per person (all inclusive) and must be reserved in advance by calling 407 313 6161.
Additionally, guests can enjoy a three-course prix-fixe menu in Ravello for USD 56 per person from Tuesday, January 28 through Sunday, February 2, 2020.
- Beef tartare, toasted hazelnut butter, artichoke and parmesan cheese salad
- Handmade Tajarin Piedmont pasta, white meat ragout, leek cream
- Gianduja milk chocolate, hazelnuts, raspberry sorbet
Guests may also order the above dishes a la carte. For reservations, call 407 313 6161.
IFSE is the only cooking school that is acknowledged by the General Secretary of The Italian Republic, referred to as the most innovative school of Italian cuisine. The school safeguards and promotes Italian nutrition and excellence through training courses, conferences, conventions and more. IFSE collaborates with food experts, nutritionists and agronomists of international acclaim to promote high quality education and focus on the health-related aspects of food. Students are trained in the principles of healthy cooking and the Mediterranean diet.