Julie Brien, Lead Esthetician at The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans Offers Her Secrets for Post-Summer Skincare
With more than 15 years of medical and cosmetic esthetics, Julie Brien, Lead Esthetician at The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans, has embraced the highly customizable products and treatments of French skincare brand Biologique Recherche, one of two product lines offered at The Spa. Brien offers personalized dermo-cosmetic diagnoses to recondition the epidermis and have guests looking their best.
Below are a few tips from Brien applicable to all beauty-enthusiasts for youthful-looking skin:
- Balance tone: Be aware of new pigmentation and uneven skin tones from UV rays and treat accordingly with topicals such as Biologique Recherche's PIGM 400 line’s serum, crème and mask. The BR PIGM 400 line uses active ingredients for brightening and protecting the skin while reducing dark spots.
- “Glow-up” your skincare routine: Incorporating sun-sensitive products, such as retin-a and glycolic acid, back into your skincare routine will increase the natural glow you are longing for after the summer.
- Block the sun: Applying and re-applying sunscreen is the secret to healthy skin. If you don’t need a flashlight, you need sunscreen.
- Spot your spots: That mole may not be a beauty mark. One in five Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer in their lifetime. Protect your skin from further damage by receiving an annual full body skin exam with a board-certified dermatologist.
- Treat yourself: Facial treatments are crucial in removing accumulated dead cells in the pores that increase more easily in heat and humidity. Our Biologique Recherche Remodelling Facial is ideal during this recovery period as it is designed to stimulate the epidermal cells and regenerate your skin for immediate and long-lasting results.