Embrace the Alpine Warmth This Winter with Four Seasons Mountain Collection
A global journey awaits as Megève, Jackson Hole, Santa Fe, Vail and Whistler unveil a 2023-2024 winter season to remember
From thrilling downhill adventures to tranquil snowshoeing journeys through pristine forests, Four Seasons Mountain Collection properties open doors to an array of spectacular mountain experiences, tailored to every taste. Whether seeking the thrill of conquering world-class ski slopes, unwinding by a crackling fireplace with a cup of steaming cocoa, or craving the finest alpine cuisine, each moment spent in these magnificent mountain destinations is an opportunity to craft memories that will last a lifetime.
This winter, journey to Four Seasons Hotels Megève, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail or Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler to experience a bespoke winter wonderland.
A Mountain of Memories: Iconic Experiences
- An Exceptional Culinary Experience in the Heart of an Igloo: This winter, Four Seasons Megève Collection has partnered with an igloo construction specialist to present adventurous travellers with a unique opportunity – an immersive culinary experience within an authentic igloo. This extraordinary adventure begins with a snowshoe trek through the elevated terrain of Megève, led by an experienced mountain guide. Nestled amid a fir forest is a charming igloo, aglow with candlelight and adorned with cosy blankets, creating a warm and inviting ambience. Once inside, culinary enthusiasts will savour an assortment of exquisite charcuterie, local cheeses and warming mulled wine alongside a curated selection of homemade sweet delights. The return journey promises to be just as magical as the sun sets behind the horizon, casting its final rays on the snowy landscape in a mesmerizing display. Once night has descended, guests can admire a star-studded sky, infusing an additional touch of magic into the experience.
- Immersive Encounter with Gray Wolves in Yellowstone Returns: Embark on an immersive experience this winter with the chance to see the elusive gray wolf population of Yellowstone National Park in a day-long excursion offered by Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole, in partnership with Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris and Yellowstone Safari Company. The adventure begins with a flyover journey of the greater Yellowstone basin. Upon arrival in the park, learn about the history, movement and behaviour patterns of the gray wolf, with the opportunity to potentially see wolves in their natural habitat, in addition to moose, elk, bison and bears. A portion of the proceeds of each trip is donated to both the Yellowstone Wolf Project and Environmental Defense Fund, in an effort to preserve and protect the gray wolf population of Yellowstone and the local environment. The cost for the Day with the Wolves adventure is USD 16,000, all inclusive, for up to seven guests, and includes customized, full-day food and beverage.
- Skiing in Santa Fe: The Land of Enchantment transforms into a magical winter wonderland with adventure-filled days of hitting the slopes at the Santa Fe Ski Basin and a stay in one of the relaxing casitas at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe. With the Ski Santa Fe package, available November 19, 2023 to March 31, 2024, and starting at USD 750 per night, enjoy two adult lift tickets for two days, transportation to and from the basin and a personal ski butler, who will fit guests onsite upon check-in for skis and boots, and ensure the delivery of the equipment to guests prior to departure. After a day on the slopes, unwind with a crackling fire prepared by the Resort’s fireplace butler.
- Heavenly Afternoon Tea: Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler is offering an elevated take on a cherished afternoon tradition with its new Mountain-Top Afternoon Tea, whisking guests away on a breath-taking journey to the glorious peaks of the Pacific Coast range. The exquisite alpine experience includes a spectacular helicopter tour through the impossibly beautiful landscape. Guests have the opportunity to visit the ancient Tantalus Glacier for a 30-minute stop, which includes champagne and a mountain inspired afternoon tea, with a 360-degree view.
- Winter in Vail is More Than Just a Season; It’s a Celebration: The traditional launch of the holiday season at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail will kick off with WhoVail, the impressive WhoVail gingerbread house façade, inspired by the Dr. Seuss classic The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Celebrations will run through the month of December, offering holiday-inspired remedies including a boozy haut chocolat and culinary creations to wow the senses, culminating with a New Year’s Eve event at Vail’s favourite après-ski venue, The Remedy Bar.
Picture-Perfect Après: A Journey Through the Senses
- A Feast for the Senses at La Dame de Pic - Le 1920: At acclaimed Michelin-starred restaurant La Dame de Pic - Le 1920, overseen by Chef Anne-Sophie Pic, the winter season heralds the celebration of effervescent flavours, with exquisite creations that delight the palate and engage the senses. Drawing inspiration from the dynamic art of fermentation – a culinary technique the chef has ardently explored over months – the new menu daringly unites locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients, resulting in a culinary journey that strikes a harmonious balance between effervescent textures and delicate interplay.
- Fahrenheit Forty-Seven Returns, with Elevate Slope-Side Oxygen Bar: After a day on the mountain, the après experience begins. Named for the ideal temperature at which to serve Champagne, the dome-shaped Fahrenheit Forty-Seven bar will transform the pool deck into a winter wonderland experience of chic luxury and the ultimate après chill. The 20-foot (6 metre) custom dome structure seats up to 20 guests within the heated interior space, adorned with wood flooring, golden accents, cosy fur furnishings and a centre bar. Guests also can adjust to alpine elevation in style with the return of Elevate slope-side oxygen bar, situated inside Fahrenheit Forty-Seven, and offering a menu of oxygen and IV drip therapies in partnership with Housecall Hydration. To book a treatment, contact the Spa at 307 732 5120 or book online.
- Santa Fe Sips: Learn to make festive libations with complimentary mixology classes available throughout November and December at Terra at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe.
- Canada's Heartfelt Flavours: This season, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler Executive Chef Sajish Kumar introduces the essence of Canada with the Canadian Sunrise Breakfast, a homage to national treasures such as candied salmon, poutine, and back bacon. Guests can also engage in a classic Canadian tradition transforming pure maple syrup into a delicious masterpiece: maple taffy. The courtyard will be brimming with holiday cheer, as visitors are invited to delight in the picturesque Vintage Camper, a darling tradition that offers complimentary s'mores for roasting by the fire under twinkling string lights.
- The Remedy Bar and Flame Contemporary Kitchen: Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail après-ski lounge and restaurant, The Remedy Bar and Flame Contemporary Kitchen, have reimagined their culinary offerings this season. The holiday menus have incorporated an elevated approach to comfort foods with touches including caviar, foie gras torchon, grilled brioche, and truffle jus gratin. Decked out throughout the holidays, guests will enjoy these culinary delights, festive décor and touches, while celebrating with loved ones and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Wellness Oasis: Curated Mountain Experiences
- Renewed Vitality with Special Treatments: Four Seasons Megève Collection Spas invite guests to discover a diverse array of treatments designed to revive the senses and revitalize the body to prepare for winter. Following an exhilarating day on the slopes, guests can indulge in a rejuvenating après-ski bath. This indulgent experience takes place in the comfort of guests’ rooms, with an elegantly assembled bath kit discreetly placed at their doorstep. Comprising Epsom salts, arnica bath oil, lavender essential oil and magnesium shavings, this harmonious blend bestows a sense of well-being, vitality and newfound lightness to weary legs. For those seeking complete rejuvenation, an exquisite treatment awaits at the Spa. The Alpine Glow ritual seamlessly integrates the wonders of nature through the craftsmanship of local producers. This comprehensive holistic experience revitalizes skin texture and enhances the complexion to deliver a radiant glow.
- Radiance at The Spa: A decadent new facial treatment launches December 1, 2023, designed for the high-altitude environment of Jackson Hole. The 100-minute Summit Radiance Facial Ritual combines the deeply cleansing power of the HydraFacial with the moisture-binding benefits of oxygen infusion. The treatment begins with the age-defying HydraFacial to deliver exfoliation, cleansing and extraction, followed by LED light therapy and lymphatic drainage techniques to promote detoxification and cellular renewal. Microcurrent technology stimulates facial muscles, creating lift while toning. To address dehydration, moisture boosters with hyaluronic acids are infused deep into the dermis to soften fine lines and wrinkles. The result is skin that is youthful in appearance, clean and naturally radiant. The treatment is offered for USD 750, not inclusive of tax and gratuity. To book a treatment, contact the Spa at 307 732 5120 or book online.
- Holiday Healing: The Essential Holiday Healer (USD 325) at The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe embraces the winter spirit with the scents of the season with an ultimate head-to-toe massage infused with a blend of eucalyptus, rosemary oil and a touch of fir needle essence. The 80-minute ritual concludes with a Tibetan Bowl Sound Bath Meditation and a cozy cup of tea nestled by a fire in the Warming Room.
- Wellness Indoors and Outdoors: Following a six-month refurbishment, the Spa at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler is reopening in December 2023, promising an unparalleled experience for those seeking relaxation, wellness, and bliss. Whether looking for an adventure in the snowy outdoors with the complimentary snowshoeing tours and lantern sunset hikes or a tranquil escape with signature mountain inspired treatments, the team invites guests to embark on an unforgettable journey of wellness and discovery.
- Après at The Spa: Enjoy a high-altitude, post-adventure treatment from head to toe at the award-winning Spa at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail. This winter season, The Spa brings back signature rituals and à la carte treatments that focus on recovery, hydration, exfoliation and detoxifying while remineralizing the body. Newly developed treatments have incorporated holistic, result-driven offerings that form the perfect treatments. Visit The Spa for a consultation with the spa concierge team to create a memorable spa experience.
About Four Seasons Mountain Resorts
In addition to world-class skiing, each Four Seasons Mountain Resort offers the ultimate winter getaway in an enviable location, as well as fine dining, luxurious spa retreats, après ski offerings, and new, one-of-a-kind experiences. With the Resorts’ signature amenities and renowned personalised service, Four Seasons Hotels Megève, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler and Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole are in a class of their own among winter destinations.
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler