Uncover a Botanic Wonderland with One-Ninety Bar’s New Secret Gardens Menu at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Inspired by the dazzling cocktail capitals of the world and their iconic botanic gardens, One-Ninety Bar at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore Head Bartender Sophia Kang and Beverage Manager Gabriel Carlos roll out a new cocktail menu this spring, inviting guests to sip on 12 creative concoctions that tell the story of culture, unique botanicals, famous landmarks and the iconic bar scenes in Singapore, London and New York.
“As a bartender, inspiration for crafting unique cocktails comes from the world around us. The colours, flavours, and experiences that surrounds us are all factors that get woven into our creations. It has been such a captivating journey for me. From the streets of New York to the speakeasies of London and the bustling bars in Singapore, it just made complete sense for us to create a menu that pays homage to the craft and culture of the world’s best cocktail capitals,” says Sophia.
The Secret Gardens menu is a curated collection of tipples that embody the essence of each city, transforming the stories into liquid poetry, where every shake, stir and pour reveals a chapter untold.
- Rose of Sharon - Brass Lion Dry Gin, Muyu Vetiver Gris, Cointreau, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Yuzu, Grenadine - Inspired by the engravings of South Korea and Singapore’s national flowers seen on the “Conversation” plaque in the Singapore Botanic Gardens, this concoction marries the flavours from both cultures harmoniously, and is Head Bartender Sophia Kang’s tribute to the iconic Singapore Sling.
- Zingiber - Vida Mezcal, Ancho Reyes Verde, Ginger, Turmeric, Lime, Fever-Tree Grapefruit Soda - A Paloma variation with a subtle smokiness of mezcal. Bright and refreshing, look forward to citrus notes with every sip, topped with a Peychaud’s bitters-soaked candied ginger for a piquant-flowery sharpness. A tribute to the iconic ingredient in Asian kitchens and the Ginger Garden in Singapore.
- Kampung Kueh - El Dorado 12 Years, Bitter Truth Golden Falernum, Coconut, Pandan, Jackfruit, Cream, Egg White - An aromatic dessert cocktail that embodies the popular local treat, all in one glass. A toast to the kampung (village) spirit and food culture, significant in Singapore’s treasured heritage.
- Bandstand - Michter’s Single Barrel Rye, Mancino Rosso Vermouth, Mr. Black Coffee Amaro, Amaro Lucano - Likened to a classic Manhattan, this creation is a sight to behold with its deliciously dark body and stunning hand-cut ice that represents the iconic landmark that used to be at the highest point of the Tanglin Core site.
- Miss North - Flor de Caña 12 Years, Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Mancino Rosso Vermouth, Cointreau, Lily of the Field, Beetroot Cordial - Inspired by prolific English Victorian Biologist Marianne North, this sour fizz cocktail is a pretty sight that packs a punch.
- Kitchen Garden - Nuet Dry Aquavit, Tomato, Mushroom, Celery, Citrus - Rimmed with a house-made tomato powder around the glass, experience vegetal-heavy notes paired beautifully with complementary nuances of grapefruit peel and blackcurrant leaves from the Nuet Dry Aquavit.
- Arethusa - London No. 3 Dry Gin, Haku Vodka, Mancino Secco Vermouth, Empirical The Plum, The Japanese Shiso Bitters - This Martini variant celebrates the drinking culture of the classic Martini in the UK cocktail scene. Served with a side of Japanese Ume plums and pickles for the perfect pairing.
- The Hive - Stranger and Sons Gin, Campari, Lavender Honey, Lemon, Grapefruit, Orange Marmalade, Egg White - An aromatic sour with light refreshing notes. An ode to the striking installation of the same name in the heart of a wildflower meadow in Kew Gardens.
- Dumbo - Monkey Shoulder Triple Malt, House-made Peated Port Syrup, Scrappy’s Chocolate Bitters, Regan’s Orange Bitters - Modelled after a classic Old Fashioned, beautifully smoked. A tribute to the trendy cobblestone streets and Brooklyn warehouse buildings, which includes a former tobacco factory.
- Bloom - Jura 12 Years, Cherry, Hojicha, Spices, Thai Basil, Whey - Known to have the second largest cherry blossom collection, and one of the most diverse ones outside of Japan, this concoction uses Japanese-inspired ingredients such as sour cherries and green tea. A delicious rendition of a Milk Punch, with hints of star anise spice.
- Lightscape - Ocho Blanco Tequila, Mancino Bianco Vermouth, Wild Raspberry Eau de Vie, Fernet Hunter - A white Negroni that celebrates Brooklyn Botanic Gardens transforming into a winter luminary garden. As mesmerizing a scene as the flavours this cocktail carries.
- Palm House - Arc Botanical Gin, Aperol, Amaro Lucano, Cocchi Rosa, Lemon, Champagne, Egg White - Inspired by the well-known wedding venue in Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, this drink is reminiscent of a wedding bouquet, with the flavours encapsulating the bitter-sweet romance of marriage.
In addition to the boozy selection, the new menu also features a collection of non-alcoholic drinks that are crafted for a refreshing experience where flavour reigns supreme, allowing guests to discover a world of well-balanced drinks, without the buzz.
“We have seen a trend with zero proof cocktails over recent years. More guests are seeking non-alcoholic options that are just as delicious and sophisticated. It’s also been a fun challenge for us as bartenders to experiment with new ingredients and techniques to create these drinks that are not only refreshing but also visually stunning,” Beverage Manager Gabriel Carlos shares.
- Ballad of Mulan - Seedlip Grove 42. Tomato, Mushroom, Celery, Citrus, Soda
- Zen - Lyre’s London Dry, Osmanthus Honey, Citrus, Fever-Tree Tonic Water
- Zi Tang - Lyre’s Italian Orange, Beetroot Cordial
- Garden Sling - Seedlip Spice 94, Pineapple, Lime, Spiced Cherry Cordial, Soda
- Sky Tree - Lyre’s Amaretto, Watermelon, Strawberry, Pineapple, Lime, Mint
- Garden Rhapsody - Lyre’s Dark Cane, Coconut, Pandan, Jackfruit, Lime, Foamee
The Secret Gardens menu launches on Friday, May 19, 2023. Whether a seasoned cocktail connoisseur or a curious explorer, the menu promises to delight the senses and satisfy the thirst for adventure.
For reservations, call +65 6831 7653, WhatsApp +65 9455 3466 or email Dining.Singapore@fourseasons.com.