Top 12 Activities for Multi-Generational Travellers at Four Seasons Resort Orlando
Orlando is the #1 most desired summer travel destination in the US, according to TripAdvisor’s 2021 Summer Travel Index. What is there to do for the whole family to enjoy while in Orlando, one may ask? Besides being the Theme Park Capital of the World, at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, there are activities for all ages to enjoy. It’s easy to bring one’s whole extended travel pod and plan an epic multi-gen reunion at #FSOrlando. Enjoy these Top 12 Activities for Multi-Gen Travellers offered at this spacious, family-centric Resort.
1. Relax poolside at the Oasis Adult Only Pool: The only adult pool located on Disney property, the serene, lakeside infinity edge Oasis pool is pure bliss. Surrounded by towering palm trees and white cabanas, the Oasis pool is even equipped with underwater audio, so one can hear soothing music while swimming. Attentive pool servers cater to guests’ every need, serving up fresh salads, smoothies and delicious cocktails including frozé. For parents who need a much-deserved break, lounging poolside at the Oasis makes one really feel like “this is vacation.” Ideal for: Adults ages 21 and older can enjoy the Oasis pool.
2. Have a blast at the Explorer Pool and catch a poolside family movie: The zero-entry Explorer Pool is the Resort’s family pool, designed with tiered seating areas and ample lounger seating, so everyone has a perfect view of the billboard-size movie screen, where movies play twice weekly during summer. Watch a Disney movie and enjoy ordering dinner poolside while the kids splash around. Water volleyball provides fun for the older kids, who will surely hop between the pool, the lazy river, and the water slides. Ideal for: All ages.
3. Zoom down The Drop water slides, run through the interactive Splash Zone, or float down the Drifters Lazy River: Siblings can test their speed as they race one another down the Resort’s two water slides. Climbing up the steps to the slide again and again will undoubtedly ensure little swimmers have a good night’s sleep. Meanwhile, the interactive Splash Zone is designed with the toddler set in mind, as different entry points offer varying depths of water, perfect to splash in. Fountains, water curtains, and even fog nozzles will keep them entertained for hours, while parents and grandparents can enjoy relaxing nearby in one of the many loungers or daybed seating. The winding Lazy River is fun for everyone, and includes waterfalls, a bubbling rapids area, and water cannons strategically hidden along the river. Ideal for: Waterslides - kids 42 inches (one metre) and taller; Splash Zone is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers; Lazy River is for all ages.
4. Refresh and revive with a signature treatment at The Spa: Take a much-needed respite from the sun and Parks and indulge in the sanctuary of the 18-room Spa at Four Seasons, designed with incredible indoor and outdoor tranquility lounge relaxation areas, locker rooms with Experience Showers and outdoor whirlpools, and a lakeside Solarium room, with zero-gravity memory foam wave loungers, the perfect resting spot. The adjacent Salon offers full hair and nail care services, and for little ones, there’s even a “Magical Moment” experience, transforming into a princess or shining knight, complete with a royal proclamation. Ideal for: Adults - The Spa’s six couples’ suites are a treat for couples’ side-by-side massages. Kids ages 3 and older can experience a Magical Moment at The Salon.
5. Experience an interactive cooking class at Ravello’s Demonstration Kitchen: Let Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi of Torino, Italy dazzle with his culinary skills during an interactive, customised cooking class in the Resort’s state-of-the-art Demonstration Kitchen. These classes are informative and entertaining, not to mention delicious. If Italian is not the global flavour of choice, options abound, including barbecue, Southern, Spanish tapas, chocolate making, and more. A wine tasting can also be prepared to accompany the courses, organised by one of the Resort’s talented sommeliers. Special classes can be arranged just for children, such as pizza making and cookie decorating. Additionally, a private dining room can be reserved for any meal period, to make another special memory and celebrate the occasion. Ideal for: Couples or families.
6. Fore! Hit the links with Director of Golf Instruction Rod Cook and team: The Resort’s beautiful 18-hole Tom Fazio designed golf course is immaculately maintained with the most pristine greens. A certified Audubon wildlife sanctuary, one may spot wildlife such as deer or osprey on the course. Guests can reserve a lesson or game of golf with Cook, who can share his expert tips to improve the desired skill set, whether putting, chipping or driving. The expansive practice facility includes TrackMan video swing analysis and a full putting course, plus on select days/times of the week in summer, there is complimentary play available at the Par 3 course. Additionally, the Resort offers three Har-Tru tennis courts and full instruction in partnership with Peter Burwash International, for couples who would like to arrange a doubles match or take a lesson. Ideal for: Adults or older children.
7. Get Goofy at Ravello’s Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy & His Pals: A Disney Character Breakfast will make even the most non-morning person smile and start their day on a high note. The Resort’s signature character breakfast is offered weekly at Ravello every Saturday and on select Thursdays. Entrees such as huevos rancheros, omelets, Belgian waffles and a vegan breakfast sandwich, plus signature drinks from Mimosas to Bellinis, ensure the day starts off as delicious as it is fun. Ideal for: All ages.
8. Check into Kids For All Seasons for supervised, creative play time: It’s not uncommon for little ones to beg to go back to the kid’s club every day, as the offerings are so extraordinary, creative and a blast for participants. The energetic team members oversee a full day of entertainment, including crafts, playtime and even supervised swim time, giving little ones the time of their lives while parents can take a respite. The well-lit, bright and cheery space plus adjacent outdoor playground is sure to be a hit for active youngsters. Ideal for: Ages 4-12 (must be age 4 to be signed into Kids For All Seasons without a guardian present).
9. Get a work out in at the Resort’s beautiful Fitness Center: The spacious Fitness Center has a wall of windows that overlook a waterway and foliage, making it an enjoyable space to stay active. Treadmills and stair climbers, and even Peloton bikes, line the walls and there are ample additional cardio and weight machines available, including free weights, yoga mats, resistance bands, exercise balls, kettlebells, and more. Personal training is also available for customised one-on-one or small group instruction. Also, there’s plenty of outdoor fitness options. Nearby The Hideout, the Resort also offers a basketball court and a sand volleyball court. Work up a sweat shooting hoops and spiking volleys and cool off afterward in the nearby pools. There’s also a jogging trail surrounding the Resort (just ask the Concierge for the map). Ideal for: The Fitness Center is for ages 13 and older, however the Sport Court and Volleyball Court are ideal for children age 8 and older.
10. Take in the sunset and views from the Capa rooftop: It’s simply a must to stop by Capa for sunset one evening, preferably enjoying a glass of Spanish cava or one of Capa’s signature cocktails, such as the CapaTonic, an Instagrammable gin and tonic drink featuring an ice sphere and floating fruit slices and botanicals. The expansive terrace on the 17th floor rooftop has views of the lakes and woodlands and overs a beautiful “bird’s eye” perspective of the Resort grounds. Stay for dinner and enjoy signatures such as the bone-in ribeye, paella, and tapas such as the coliflor, gamas, and pan con tomate. Ideal for: Adults, although Capa and all of the Resort restaurants are family friendly.
11. Play video games including family PAC-MAN at The Hideout: Some kids just can’t be without their video games, and when ready for a break from the sun, The Hideout is the ideal retreat. Kids can play on a series of video gaming consoles, including a large multi-player PAC-MAN. There are also billiards, board games, a large sectional sofa where kids can relax and watch a movie, and outdoor games including ping-pong and foosball nearby. Ideal for: Kids 8 and older, especially tweens and teens.
12. Enjoy afternoon gelato or tea on the terrace: All of the guest rooms and suites have a furnished terrace, and it’s the perfect spot to take a break midafternoon to sip on tea and enjoy a sweet snack. The menu, served through In-Room Dining, includes an assortment of flavoured hot teas, plus scones and Devonshire cream, macaron cookies, and assorted tea sandwiches and desserts. Presented on a traditional tiered serving platter, it’s a delightful treat to enjoy. For families on the run, swing by Lickety Split for Executive Pastry Chef Rabii Saber’s house made gelato, made for summertime fun, or try one of the signature milkshakes for a cool treat. Ideal for: An individual or a couple, or families with older children.
For additional ideas and photo inspiration, check out our Instagram Guide of Activities for Multi-Gen Travellers, which you can easily share with friends and family.
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort